Anthony's way-to-early 2021 NFL Mock Draft
Photo by: Matt Goul, cleveland.com
You thought Mock Draft season was over didn't you ? Think again! With the 2020 NFL Draft in the rear-view mirror, it's time to look ahead to next years Draft. Here is a 1st and 2nd Round Mock for 2021. It's finally time for Trevor Lawrence to come out. But don't forget about Justin Fields though. He' s a great prospect, and is being overlooked by many. Watch out for K.J. Costello, who has a good chance to lead the nation in Passing Yards, and also Kyle Trask who is poised for a big year. The draft order, is how I project the season to go. Let's dive right into it!
1. Jacksonville = Trevor Lawrence QB - Clemson
Gardner Minshew isn't bad, but I'm not sure if he can lead you to the promise land. Here they can select Lawrence, who teams have been drooling over since he was a true Freshman.
2. New York Jets = Gregory Rousseau EDGE - Miami
The Jets desperately need help on the edge. Rousseau had a ridiculous 15.5 sacks last season as a Redshirt Freshman, which was good for 2nd in the nation, only behind Chase Young.
3. Miami = Ja'Marr Chase WR - LSU
The Dolphins could use another playmaker on the outside. Tua can Redshirt this year, and let Fitzpatrick or Rosen play the whole year. Tua to Chase, sounds pretty scary to me.
4. Cincinnati = Penei Sewell OT - Oregon
The Bengals can move Jonah Williams to Guard, and let Sewell protect Joe Burrow's blindside for years to come. Sewell is NFL ready, who would have been a first round pick this year, if he were eligible. He even received a few Heisman votes.
5. Detroit = Justin Fields QB - Ohio State
Matt Stafford is a great Quarterback, however if they pick this high, I got a feeling they might take his heir apparent. Fields can sit behind Stafford for a few years, and take over the reigns in the near future.
6. Carolina = Micah Parsons LB - Penn State
Let's pass on a Quarterback for now. Here they select the explosive Parsons, who can immediately replace the retired Luke Kuechly.
7. Washington = Samuel Cosmi OT - Texas
Dwayne Haskins needs to be better protected. Cosmi can step in and start from Day 1, and help keep Haskins upright.
8. New York Giants = Justyn Ross WR - Clemson
The Giants surprisingly didn't address the WR position in this years Draft. Daniel Jones, needs more weapons on the outside. Ross was a standout as a true Freshman, and would be the teams new #1 WR.
9. Atlanta = Creed Humphrey IOL - Oklahoma
Matt Ryan's window is closing, and he needs to be better protected. Humphrey might have been a 1st Round pick this year, but decided to return to school. He will give Ryan a better chance to earn a Super Bowl ring.
10. Chicago = Marvin Wilson DT - Florida State
Eddie Goldman and Akiem Hicks could use another running mate on that Defensive Line. Wilson would help make them one of the best D Lines in the league.
11. LA Chargers = Travis Etienne RB - Clemson
Etienne shocked many by returning for his Senior year. By adding him, it would help take pressure of Justin Herbert, which can allow him to pick apart Defenses, just like he did in College.
12. Miami (from Houston) = Dylan Moses LB - Alabama
Miami goes back to Tuscaloosa, and selects the freakish Moses, to be the new leader of their Defense.
13. New England = Shaun Wade CB - Ohio State
I think Wade made the right decision to return to school. He would start right away opposite Stephon Gilmore, and would make that secondary one of the league's best.
14. Las Vegas = Patrick Surtain II CB - Alabama
Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden go back to the 2019 National Championship Game, and select Surtain, who's father was a Pro Bowl CB.
15. Pittsburgh = Paulson Adebo CB - Stanford
Joe Haden is getting older, and is not the same player he used to be. Adebo shocked many by returning to school. He would start immediately in the back-end.
16. Philadelphia = Jevon Holland S - Oregon
Malcolm Jenkins is out the door, which means a replacement is needed. Holland already has 9 Interceptions at Oregon, and would be welcomed with open arms.
17. Indianapolis = Pat Freiermuth TE - Penn State
Freiermuth was eligible for this year's Draft, but decided to return to Happy Valley for his Junior season. He's a big, physical TE, who can help the Colts Offense in many ways. He's drawn comparisons to Rob Gronkowski.
18. Jacksonville (from LA Rams) = Najee Harris RB - Alabama
Leonard Fournette's time as a Jaguar is soon coming to an end. Harris can replace him, and would make an impact right away.
19. Denver = Jalen Mayfield OT - Michigan
Garett Bolless has not played well since he was picked in the 1st Round. They can plug Mayfield in, to protect Drew Lock's blindside .
20. Arizona = Wyatt Davis IOL - Ohio State
Kyler Murray can use some more protection. Adding Josh Jones was good, however more help is needed on the Interior. Davis was named an All-American last season and is one of the best Interior Lineman in College Football.
21. Tennessee = Kyle Pitts TE - Florida
Delaine Walker is gone, and the Titans have a bunch of subpar TE's. Pitts a freakish talent, and would give Tannehill another weapon to throw to.
22. Cleveland = Xavier Thomas EDGE - Clemson
Olivier Vernon is getting up their. The Browns need someone opposite Myles Garrett. Thomas was a former 5 star recruit, and is poised for a huge year.
23. Tampa Bay = Carlos Basham Jr. EDGE - Wake Forest
Many thought Basham would come out this year. He would wreak havoc opposite Shaq Barrett.
24. Green Bay = DeVonta Smith WR - Alabama
I think Smith made the right decision to return for his Senior year. He would immediately start opposite Davonte Adams, and would give Aaron Rodgers another weapon.
25. Seattle = Trey Smith IOL - Tennessee
Russell Wilson needs to be better protected. Smith is dripping with potential, and would help keep Wilson upright.
26. Buffalo = Quincy Roche EDGE - Miami
Jerry Hughes is aging, and more help is needed on the edge. Roche transferred from Temple, and is poised for another strong year.
27. San Francisco = Eric Stokes CB - Georgia
Richard Sherman has lost a step, and the other CB position can be upgraded. Stokes can start right away, and give that Secondary a much-needed boost.
28. New Orleans = Chazz Surratt LB - North Carolina
The Saints need more help at LB. Surratt has great size and range, which is needed on that Defense.
29. Dallas = Andre Cisco S - Syracuse
The Cowboys signed HaHa Clinton-Dix, however he isn't the same player he used to be. Cisco has outstanding ball skills, which is needed in the Cowboys secondary.
30. Baltimore = Christian Barmore IDL - Alabama
Baltimore needs some more help along the Interior of their Defensive Line. Barmore is an up and coming player, who flashed as a rotational player last year. He's poised for a breakout year.
31. Kansas City = Caleb Farley CB - Virginia Tech
The Chiefs need more help at the CB position. Farley will be one of the top CB's in the nation, this upcoming season, and would provide immediate help.
32. Minnesota = Derion Kendrick CB - Clemson
The Vikings lost Rhodes, Alexander, and Waynes this offseason. Forget the catch that Garrett Wilson made over him in the Semifinal game last year. Kendrick would provide much-needed help to that Vikings secondary.
33. Jacksonville = Cade Mays IOL - Tennessee
34. New York Jets = Jaylen Waddle WR - Alabama
35. Miami = Rashod Bateman WR - Minnesota
36. Cincinnati = Terrace Marshall WR - LSU
37. Detroit = Rondale Moore WR - Purdue
38. Carolina = Brevin Jordan TE- Miami
39. Washington = Nick Bolton LB - Missouri
40. New York Giants = Chris Olave WR - Ohio State
41. Atlanta = Chuba Hubbard RB - Oklahoma State
42. Chicago = Sage Surratt WR - Wake Forest
43. LA Chargers = Alex Leatherwood OT - Alabama
44. Miami (from Houston) = Hamsah Nasirildeen S - Florida State
45. New England = Baron Browning LB - Ohio State
46. Las Vegas = Jabril Cox LB - LSU
47. Pittsburgh = Brock Purdy QB - Iowa State
48. Philadelphia = Paddy Fisher LB - Northwestern
49. Indianapolis = Caden Sterns S - Texas
50. LA Rams = Palaie Gaoteote IV LB - USC
51. Denver = Charles Snowden LB - Virginia
52. Arizona = Aidan Hutchinson EDGE - Michigan
53. Tennessee = Jaylen Twyman IDL - Pittsburgh
54. Cleveland = Tyler Shelvin IDL - LSU
55. Tampa Bay = Josh Myers IOL - Ohio State
56. Green Bay = Joe Tyron EDGE - Washington
57. Seattle = Jackson Carman OT - Clemson
58. Buffalo = Walker Little OT - Stanford
59. San Francisco = Jimmy Morrissey IOL - Pittsburgh
60. New Orleans = Tylan Wallace WR - Oklahoma State
61. Dallas = Alaric Jackson OT - Iowa
62. Baltimore = Richie Grant S - UCF
63. Kansas City = Hamilcar Rashed EDGE - Oregon State
64. Minnesota = Big Kat Bryant EDGE - Auburn